Saturday, October 13, 2012

KCC Farmers Market

I really love the fact that Hawaii has so many farmers markets. With all the beautiful flowers and local veggies, it always makes for a good trip.

I went to the KCC Farmers Market last Saturday. It's really over crowded with tourists, but it's still fun for me. I like to walk around just to see what people are selling, what types of food they have and the beautiful flowers and veggies. I didn't purchase anything on Saturday, well, other than the Vietnamese Iced Coffee which I just can't resist when I see one. But I got some good pics.

The flowers are amazing and the prices are really good. Compared to what you see on the mainland especially.


Look at this torch ginger - amazing!

Beautiful leafy greens!

Even the sunflowers have personality!!! hehe


 Haha!! I can't help but laugh at this. Tourist go nuts over Fried Green Tomatoes!!! A staple from South Georgia where I am from and they are selling them for $7 - thats a serving of 3 slices I think! Crazy!

Lots of local cheese, honey, fruits, veggies and even beef - local grass fed beef!!!




Soul food - Hawaiian Style - NICE!




Fresh, farm raised Kona Abalone - Still wiggling when they put them on the grill! I still haven't tried these yet but I really want to!


Farmers markets in any city are a good thing and you should always support local farmers when you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment