Friday, October 19, 2012

Sailboat Racing!!!

I started a job this past week as a personal assistant to a high profile private chef in Hawaii, Chef Kathi - Yay!!! The job so far is going great, it's only been 3 days but seems to be a good fit. At the end of the day on Friday, Chef is telling me how she goes sailboat racing on Fridays when she can make it and asked me if I want to go with her. Lucky me I had brought my camera with me, so of course, I went.

Here are some pics of the evening!



Every Friday there is a race, lots of sailboats, small, large, slow, fast...











 Honolulu Skyline




 The waves were rough at some points. I thought we were going to tip over a few times!! It was crazy! I have only been sailing one other time and that was on calm waters with hardly any wind. This was super windy, rough waters and a race to the finish line!!







 Diamond Head



More rough waters!!!! Good thing I am not one to get sea sick!

Another great shot of Diamond Head


 Sunset from under the sail!

Sailboats are just so pretty!


These pictures will give you a good idea of the rough waters. 






















 Honolulu Skyline in the early evenings. Love the way the sun reflects off of the buildings!



Super cool trip! Thank you Chef Kathi for inviting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment