Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Cream Pot - Dining Review

Many of you know that I used to do restaurant reviews in my spare time. I never got paid for doing them, it was just something I enjoyed. I love food, I have been in the industry for many years and appreciate a good dining experience all around. If you would like to read my past reviews, please do so at http://gourmetgirly.wordpress.com/. It's been a few years since I have kept up with that blog, and most of the entries were from Savannah, GA.

So, today my sister Sheryl and I visited The Cream Pot in Waikiki.

A quaint little shabby-chic decorated place on Niu Street with a menu that consists of classic rolled omelets, crepes, Belgian waffles, french toast, souffle pancakes and an assortment of eggs benedicts. Decorated with flowers, vines, antiques and the cutest little accents like little bird houses, old toy cars and antique pictures of "old" hawaii.






It is quite the tourist attraction, but we didn't have to wait very long. We were fortunate enough to get a table outside to enjoy the wonderful weather that Hawaii has to offer.




 I wasn't able to get a picture of our server, Emma. She was the most enthusiastic, animated, friendly....well, ok, a bit over the top, but how can you complain about good service. So I can't. The service was great and there is no way you could leave in a bad mood if you had Emma as a server - I think she must be the happiest person on the face of the earth!!!


Ok, on to the food...

Sheryl had the Ricotta Souffle Pancakes with Strawberries and Blueberries. They were the lightest, fluffiest pancakes I had ever seen. I am not sure how they actually make these, but I would love to find out. They literally melted in your mouth. Topped with some homemade sweet whipped cream (a must have at The Cream Pot I assume) - they were fantastic!!


I had the Crepes with Sweet Cream, Chocolate and Fresh Strawberries. The crepes were light, the chocolate was dark, the strawberries were fresh and the cream...oh, the cream!!! The sweet whipped cream was to die for! Heavenly!!!

In a restaurant named The Cream Pot, the cream is the center of attention, or at least that's what I noticed. The other ingredients were wonderful, but the cream was the star of the show. A great stop if you are in the area if you are looking for a light, delightful, tasty breakfast/brunch treat. Live a little !!! Stop by The Cream Pot.

The Cream Pot
444 Niu St Map.6270c13 
Honolulu, HI 96815
Open Monday - Sunday 6:30am - 2:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment